Starting an Investment newsletter – Bitcoin payment

You must be logged in to create new topics.

Starting an Investment newsletter – Bitcoin payment

• Adem Tumerkan

My close friend and I have been discussing lately about creating a bi-weekly newsletter on contrarian investing, value investing, credit analysis, and market commentary.

I own a holding company and own 4% of 3 Canadian producing oil and mining and royalty companies. My friend and I have for the past 4 months written 3 page reports and emailed it to about 12 people whom use it for their investing.

We were brainstorming about putting a more official newsletter/report together with more focus on credit analysis of companies and selling it to people with no subscription over bitcoin payments ( I am not sure of the bitcoin prices but lets say .0005 bitcoins for a letter)

Any thoughts on this?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Andrew Henderson

I like the contrarian part. There are any number of different niche angles you could go with it – I’d pick one – but it could be relatively underserved, especially considering the growing mood in the USSA is against stocks and toward more contrarian investments.

Value investing seems widely covered. I’m a value investor in terms of entrepreneurship and buying businesses, but I think there are plenty of established resources on value investing, as well as a lot of SAAS-type services that cater to helping people in that area.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Kamuela Franco

Link me to your first issue.

Adem Tumerkan

Great thanks for the input. I will one I get it started.

Rick Rule

Value and contrarian letters are murder to market. Everybody wants to be a contrarian when it is popular! The good news is that if you survive the start up phase, they have fantastic renewal rates.

cheers, Rick

Adem Tumerkan

Mr. Rule,

Thanks for the reply. I wish I had made this newsletter last year as most of the companies I follow are up tremendously, not giving them the same contarain play anymore.

I think I will apply at Casey Research or Euro Pacific as a research analyst and get more experience first before starting a newsletter. Better to learn from the best.

angelo william

Is the idea still effective to use today, I am looking how newsletter like this can help boost my business. In fact I also have some guidelines gathered at http://eatmywords.com/services/consulting/ hope this is effective.