Scriptures that Promote the NAP

You must be logged in to create new topics.

Scriptures that Promote the NAP

• David Disney

Moshiach, having summoned them, said, You have daas that those who have the rule over the Goyim domineer them like tyrants. But it will not be thus among you. For whoever wishes to be gadol among you will become your mesharet (servant, minister).

Mattityahu 20

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Daniel Burke

Revelation 22:11-13, “Let the evildoer still do evil, and the filthy still be filthy, and the righteous still do right, and the holy still be holy. Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay each one for what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Gary McGath

What point is there in cherry-picking the Bible to make it appear to be a libertarian document? The Bible is full of God-approved death penalties and massacres. Joshua’s forces murdered every man, woman, and child in Jericho and Ai. Read Chapter 20 of Leviticus. It says to kill people for cursing their parents, to kill people for having sex with their stepmothers, to kill men for having sex with men, to burn people to death for incest, and to kill people for bestiality (and the animal too).

Yahweh is a sadistic, power-lusting murderer.

Daniel Burke

Hey Gary, thanks for the input. The answer to your question,”What’s the point,” though it doesn’t lend itself to a brief answer, is traceable┬áto the old-covenant/new covenant relationship. It’s easy to notice that after the coming of Christ, as recorded in the New Testament, the theocracy, ( God directly commanding a nation-state ) of Israel, was no more. The apostle Paul and others explain this in the New Testament letters. Jesus said in John 5:19-29 That God has committed all executing of eternal judgement to the son at the last day. God’s hatred of sin is still there, but is deferred until judgement day. Until then temporal judgement is committed to men, through the state. Those who serve in the state are only to punish murderers, thieves, and the fraudulent,┬áRomans 13. These are considered crimes in most civilizations throughout history.

The judgement of God against sin is predicated on the magnitude of the offense, and the magnitude of the offense is predicated on the character of God as He reveals Himself. If, as Mr. Hitchens said, “god is not great,” then all the rest falls as well. I didn’t always see it this way, but I do now.